Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Fuzawa, M., Bai, H., Shisler, J. L., Nguyen, T. H. The basis of peracetic acid (PAA) inactivation mechanisms for rotavirus and Tulane virus under conditions relevant for vegetable sanitation. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2020. Accepted.
- Araud, E., Fuzawa, M., Shisler, J. L., Li, J., Nguyen, T. H. UV inactivation of rotavirus and Tulane virus targets different components of the virions. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2020, 86, (4).
- Fuzawa, M., Smith, R. L., Ku, K. M., Shisler, J. L., Feng, H., Juvik, J. A., Nguyen, T. H. Roles of vegetable surface properties and sanitizer type on annual disease burden of rotavirus illness by consumption of rotavirus-contaminated fresh vegetables: a quantitative microbial risk assessment. Risk Analysis 2020, 40, (4), 741-757.
- Fuzawa, M., Araud, E., Li, J., Shisler, J. L., Nguyen, T. H. Free chlorine disinfection mechanisms of rotaviruses and human norovirus surrogate Tulane virus attached to fresh produce surfaces. Environmental Science & Technology 2019, 53, (20), 11999-12006.
- Fuzawa, M., Ku, K. M., Palma-Salgado, S. P., Nagasaka, K., Feng, H., Juvik, J. A., Sano, D., Shisler, J. L., Nguyen, T. H. Effect of leaf surface chemical properties on efficacy of sanitizer for rotavirus inactivation. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2016, 82(20), 6214-6222.
Chosen as the Cover Art Author
- Miura, T., Sano, D., Suenaga, A., Yoshimura, T., Fuzawa, M., Nakagomi, T., Nakagomi, O., Okabe, S. Histo-blood group antigen-like substances of human enteric bacteria as specific adsorbents for human noroviruses. Journal of Virology 2013, 87(17), 9441-9451.
- (Doctoral dissertation) Fuzawa, M. Disinfection of fresh produce contaminated by enteric viruses and their inactivation mechanisms. 2019.
- (Master thesis) Fuzawa, M. A comparison study of efficacy of food sanitizers with fresh leafy vegetables with different surface properties and analysis of the rotavirus replication cycle after inactivation by food sanitizers. 2015.
- (Undergraduate thesis) Fuzawa, M. Influence of extracellular polymeric substances from human enteric bacteria on the environmental fate of human norovirus. 2013. (Written in Japanese)