Hello, visitor! Welcome to my website. I am Koshiro Yamaguchi, and I am working towards my Ph.D. at the University of Washington, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics. Prior to joining the graduate school, I received my Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering from Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan in March 2018.
University of Washington, Seattle, USA (Fall 2018 – Current)
Ph.D. student in Aeronautics and Astronautics
I am working towards my doctoral degree at the Laboratory for Engineered Materials and Structures with Dr. Jinkyu Yang.
Nihon University, Tokyo, Japan (April 2014 – March 2018)
Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace Engineering, GPA 3.74/4.00 (2nd-class honor)
I conducted my undergraduate research project under the guidance of Dr. Yasuyuki Miyazaki at Space Structure Systems Lab.
Areas of interest: origami structures, machine learning, nonlinear dynamics, mechanical metamaterials, finite element methods
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Funai Overseas Scholarship (2018), This scholarship will cover the full amount of tuition, the full amount of medical insurance, living cost of USD 2,500/month for two years. Also, round-trip airfare from Japan to the U.S., and preparation expense of JPY 500,000 (USD 5,000) will be funded.
- Award from the dean of the College of Science and Technology, Nihon University (2018)
- Award from the governor of Chiba Prefecture, Japan (2018)
- Graduation from Nihon University with 2nd-class honor (2018)
- Merit-based Scholarship from Nihon University (2015-2018)
- F-tech Scholarship (2017)
- Kawamoto-Mori Educational Scholarship (2017)
- 2nd-place awardee, International Gemini Mars Design Competition (2016), Held at the 19th annual International Mars Society Convention, Washington D.C., USA
- Nakamura Educational Scholarship (2016)
- Yamaguchi Educational Scholarship (2016)