updated on 11/21/2020
Peer-reviewed Publications (Original research)
- Inoue K, Nianogo R, Telesca D, Goto A, Khachadourian V, Tsugawa Y, Sugiyama T, Mayeda ER, Ritz BR. Low HbA1c levels and all-cause or cardiovascular mortality among people without diabetes: the US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2015. International Journal of Epidemiology (in press).
- Inoue K, Ritz B, Ernst A, Tseng WL, Yuan Y, Meng Q, Ramlau-Hansen CH, Strandberg-Larsen K, Arah OA, Obel C, Li J, Olsen J, Liew Z. (2020). Behavioral problems at age 11 years after prenatal and postnatal exposure to acetaminophen: comparing parent-reported and self-reported outcomes. American Journal of Epidemiology (in press).
- Inoue K, Goldwater D, Allison M, Seeman T, Watson K. (2020). Serum Aldosterone Concentration, Coronary Artery Calcium, and Mortality: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Hypertension (online ahead of print). –Selected as a High Impact Paper for 2020 fall–
- Inoue K, Duru OK, Mangione CM, Tsugawa Y. Trends in Industry Payments to Physicians for Antihyperglycemic Therapies Between 2014 and 2018. Journal of General Internal Medicine (in press).
- Inoue K, Yan Q, Arah OA, Paul K, Walker DI, Jones DP, Ritz B. (2020). Air pollution and adverse birth outcomes: Mediation analysis using metabolomic profiles. Current Environmental Health Reports (online ahead of print).
- Inoue K, Mayeda ER, Paul K, Shih I, Yan Q, Yu Y, Haan MN, Ritz B. (2020). Mediation of the Associations of Physical Activity With Cardiovascular Events and Mortality by Diabetes in Older Mexican Americans. American Journal of Epidemiology (online ahead of print).
- Inoue K, Beekely J, Goto A, Jeon C, Ritz B. (2020) Depression and Cardiovascular Disease among Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis with Bias Analysis. Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications (online ahead of print).
- Inoue K, Ritz B, Ebrahimi R, Rhee C, Brent GA, Leung AM. (2020). Association of Subclinical Hypothyroidism and Cardiovascular Disease With Mortality. JAMA Network Open; 3(2):e1920745.
- Inoue K, Figueora J, Orav J, Tsugawa Y. (2020). Opioid-related Industry Payments and Physicians’ Prescription of Opioids: a propensity-score matched analysis. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health (online ahead of print).
- Yu Y, Haan M, Paul KC, Mayeda ER, Jerrett M, Wu J, Lee E, Su J, Inoue K, Ritz BR. (2020) Metabolic Dysfunction Modifies the Influence of Traffic-Related Air Pollution and Noise Exposure on Late-life Dementia and Cognitive Impairment-A cohort study of older Mexican-Americans. Environmental Epidemiology (in press)
- Luo J, Xiao J, Gao Y, Ramlau-Hansen CH, Toft G, Li J, Obel C, Andersen SL, Deziel NC, Tseng W, Inoue K, Bonefeld-Jørgensen EC, Olsen J, Liew Z. (2020) Prenatal exposure to perfluoroalkyl substances and behavioral difficulties in childhood at 7 and 11 years. Environmental Research (online ahead of print).
- Paul K, Haan M, Yu Y, Inoue K, Mayeda ER, Dang K, Wu J, Jerret M, Ritz B. (2020). Traffic-related air pollution and incident dementia: direct and indirect pathways through metabolic dysfunction. Journal of Alzheimer Disease (online ahead of print)
- Ritz B, Yan Q, Uppal K, Liew Z, Cui X, Ling C, Inoue K, Ehrenstein O, Walker D, Jones D. (2020). Untargeted metabolomics screen of mid-pregnancy maternal serum and autism in Offspring. Autism Research (online ahead of print)
- Ikeda S, Nogami A, Inoue K, Kowase S, Kurosaki K, Mukai Y, and Tsutsui H. (2020). Closed-loop stimulation as a physiological rate-modulated pacing approach based on intracardiac impedance to lower the atrial tachyarrhythmia burden in patients with sinus node dysfunction and atrial fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology (online ahead of print)
- Kuris K, Tsurutani Y, Inoue K, Hoshino Y, Saiki F, Yoshiuchi K. (2020). C-reactive protein is a metric for controlling insulin administration in postoperative lumbar spinal canal stenosis patients: a retrospective cohort study (short research). Journal of Diabetes Investigation (online ahead of print)
- Inoue K, Ritz B, Andersen SL, Ramlau-Hansen CH, Høyer BB, Bech BH, Henriksen TB, Bonefeld-Jørgensen EC, Olsen J, Liew Z. (2019) Perfluoroalkyl Substances and maternal thyroid hormones in early pregnancy; findings in the Danish National Birth Cohort.Environmental Health Perspectives;127(11):117002.
- Inoue K, Blumenthal DM, Elashoff D, Tsugawa Y. (2019). Association between physician characteristics and payments from industry in 2015–2017: observational study. BMJ Open;9(9):e031010.
- Tsurutani Y, Miyoshi K, Inoue K, Takiguchi T, Saito J, Omura M, Nishikawa T. (2019). Changes in glucose metabolism based on 75-g oral glucose tolerance tests before and after surgery for adrenal Cushing’s syndrome. Endocrine journal, EJ18-0445.
- Inoue K, Leung AM, Sugiyama T, Tsujimoto T, Makita N, Nangaku M, Ritz B. (2018). Urinary Iodine Concentrations and Mortality Among U.S. Adults. Thyroid; 28(7):913-920.
- Inoue K, Yamazaki Y, Kitamoto T, Hirose R, Saito J, Omura M, Sasano H, Nishikawa T. (2018) Aldosterone Suppression by Dexamethasone in Patients with Aldosterone-producing Adenoma Harboring Somatic KCNJ5 Mutations. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism; 103(9):3477-3485.
- Inoue K, Leung AM. (2018). Trends in Awareness of Thyroid Problems among U.S. Adults (research letter). Endocrine Practice, 24(10):932-933.
- Meng Q, Inoue K, Ritz B, Olsen J, Liew Z. (2018). Prenatal Exposure to Perfluoroalkyl Substances and Birth Outcomes: An update analysis from the Danish National Birth Cohort. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 15(9):1832.
- Tsurutani Y, Nakai K,Inoue K, Azuma K, Mukai S, Maruyama S, Iizuka T, Matsuzawa Y, Saito J, Omura M, Nishikawa T. (2018). Comparative study of ipragliflozin with sitagliptin on multiple metabolic changes in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes: a multicenter, randomized, prospective, open-label, active-controlled study. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism; 20(11):2675-2679
- Tsurutani Y, Inoue K, Sugisawa C, Saito J, Omura M, Nishikawa T. (2018). Increased Serum Dihomo-γ-linolenic Acid Level are Associated with Obesity, Body fat accumulation, and Insulin Resistance in Japanese Patients with Type 2 Diabetes.Internal Medicine; 0816-18.
- Inoue K, Yamazaki Y, Tsurutani Y, Suematsu S, Sugisawa C, Saito J, Omura M, Sasano H, Nishikawa T. (2017). Evaluation of Cortisol Production in Aldosterone-Producing Adenoma. Hormone and Metabolic Research; 49:1–7
- Inoue K, Omura M, Sugisawa C, Tsurutani Y, Saito J, Nishikawa T. (2017). Clinical utility of the adrenocorticotropin stimulation test with/without dexamethasone suppression for definitive and subtype diagnosis of primary aldosteronism.International Journal of Molecular Sciences; 18:948
- Tsurutani Y, Sugisawa C, Ishida A, Inoue K, Saito J, Omura M, Nagasaka S, Nishikawa T. (2017). Aldosterone excess may inhibit insulin secretion: A comparative study on glucose metabolism pre- and post-adrenalectomy in patients with primary aldosteronism. Endocrine Journal; 64.3: 339-346.
- Inoue K, Tsujimoto T, Saito J, Sugiyama T. (2016). Association between serum thyrotropin levels and mortality among euthyroid adults in the United States. Thyroid; 26(10):1457-1465.
Letter and Commentary:
- Inoue K, Paul KC, Ritz BR. (2020). Air pollution, Cardiovascular Disease, and Dementia. JAMA Neurology (online ahead of print)
- Inoue K, Tsujimoto T, Sugiyama T. (2018). Life Expectancy of Patients With Low-Normal Thyroid Function. JAMA internal medicine, 178(3), 437-437.
- Inoue K, Nishikawa T. (2018). The Spectrum of Subclinical Primary Aldosteronism and Incident Hypertension. Annals of internal medicine, 168(10):754-755.
Peer-reviewed Publications (Case report):
- Inoue K, Saito J, Kondo T, Miki K, Sugisawa C, Tsurutani Y, Hasegawa N, Kowase S, Kakuta Y, Omura M, Nishikawa T. (2018). Amiodarone-induced Thyrotoxicosis with Cardiopulmonary Arrest. Internal Medicine; 57(1), 59-63.
- Inoue K, Nakayama T, Kamisawa A, Saito J. (2017). Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone accompanied by bilateral hypothalamic and anterior thalamic lesions with serum antiaquaporin 4 antibody. BMJ Case Reports; bcr-2017-219721
- Inoue K, Hagiwara A, Kimura A, Ohmagari N. (2017). A complication of meningitis and infective endocarditis due to Streptococcus pyogenes. BMJ Case Reports 2017; bcr-2017-220847.
2020 AcademyHealth 2020 Annual Research Meeting, Boston, United States (online due to the COVID-19 situation)
“Association between Pharmaceutical Industry Payments to Physicians and Prescriptions for High-Cost Cardiovascular Medications in the United States”
2020 Society for Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiologic Research 33rd Annual Meeting, Boston, United States (postponed due to the COVID-19 situation)
“Behavioral problems at age 11 years after prenatal and postnatal exposure to acetaminophen: parent-reported and self-reported outcomes”
2020 ENDO (annual meeting of endocrine society), San Francisco, United States (canceled due to the COVID-19 situation)
“Thyroid Function, Cardiovascular Disease, and Mortality: A Mediation Analysis” –Outstanding Abstract Award, Presidential Poster Competition Nominated—
2020 13th International Conference on Health Policy Statistics, San Diego, United States
“A Novel Use of the Front-Door Formula to Estimate the Causal Effect of Chronic Pain on Mortality through Opioid Prescriptions”
2019 Society for Epidemiologic Research 52st Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, United States
“Physical Activity and Cardiovascular Events and Mortality Mediated by Diabetes in Older Mexican Americans” –Travel grant—
2019 Society for Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiologic Research 32nd Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, United States
“Perfluoroalkyl Substances and thyroid hormones in early pregnancy; findings in the Danish National Birth Cohort (DNBC)”
2018 Society for Epidemiologic Research 51st Annual Meeting, Baltimore, United States
“Urinary Iodine Concentrations and Mortality Among U.S. Adults”
2016 International Society of Hypertension, Satellite symposium, Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, Tokyo, Japan
“Do we need dexamethasone suppression before ACTH stimulation test in primary aldoteronism?” –Travel grant—
2016 9th International Aldosterone Forum in Japan, Tokyo, Japan
“Evaluation of the ability of cortisol secretion before and after adrenalectomy in primary aldosteronism”
2016 41th International Aldosterone Conference, Boston, United States
“Clinical characteristics-based index for primary aldosteronism associated with subclinical Cushing’s syndrome”
2015 15th International Thyroid Congress, Florida, United States
“Association between Low Normal Thyroid Function and Mortality”
“A case of Amiodarone Induced Thyrotoxicosis with Cardio Pulmonary Arrest”