University of Colorado Boulder with the Rocky Mountains – sunny & snowy days
Key words: astrodynamics, control theory, optimization, celestial mechanics, space mission design, small body exploration, micro spacecraft developmentActivities in 2018
- June-August 2018: working on science orbit design for the Psyche mission (Link) at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) as a visiting student researcher.
- June 2018: my paper submitted to AAS/AIAA Astrodynamics Specialist Conference is selected to be awarded “John V. Breakwell student award“! Paper title: “SRP-based Orbit Control with Application to Small Body Landing.”
- May 2018: completed Spring 2018 semester at CU Boulder. Courses taken: ASEN6080 Statistical Orbit Determination, by Prof. Jay McMahon; ASEN6008 Interplanetary Mission Design, by Dr. Kate Devis.
- May 2018: my paper submitted to AAS/AIAA Astrodynamics Specialist Conference is accepted for the presentation! Paper title: “SRP-based Orbit Control with Application to Small Body Landing.”
- April 2018: submitted an extended abstract to AAS/AIAA Astrodynamics Specialist Conference held at Snowbird, Utah on August 19-23, 2018.
- March 2018: NIAC 2017 “Dismantling Rubble Pile Asteroids with AoES (Area-of-Effect Soft-bots)”, a project I’ve been working on since August 2017, is awarded the Phase II study funding! (Link) Supported by NASA Innovative Advanced Concept (NIAC) program. PI: Jay McMahon.
- December 2017: completed Fall 2017 semester at CU Boulder. Courses taken: ASEN6519 Celestial Mechanics, by Prof. Dan Scheeres; ASEN5044 Statistical Estimation for Dynamical Systems, by Prof. Nisar Ahmed.
- August 2017: started working as a Ph.D. student & graduate research assistant at CCAR, Ann and H.J. Smead Aerospace Engineering Sciences, CU Boulder. *CCAR: Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research
- August 2017: attended the 31st SSC at Logan, Utah. (also a co-author of a presentation “EQUULEUS: Mission to Earth – Moon Lagrange Point by a 6U Deep Space CubeSat”) *SSC: Small Satellite Conference
- July 2017: attended a summer session at UC Berkeley for three weeks.
- June 2017: attended the 9th IWSCFF at Boulder, Colorado. *IWSCFF: International Workshop on Satellite Constellations and Formation Flying
- June 2017: attended the 26th ISSFD at Matsuyama, Japan and presented “Mission Analysis of EQUULEUS: Design of the Science Orbit Phase” as the first author. *ISSFD: International Symposium on Space Flight Dynamics
- April 2017: started working as a JSPS DC1 research fellow at the University of Tokyo. (until August 2017) *JSPS: Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- March 2017: completed the M.S. degree in aerospace engineering at the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, the University of Tokyo.
- January 2017: attended the 4th ISSS at Kyoto, Japan, and presented “Precision Evaluation of Reduced Dynamics Model for Non-uniform Spinning Solar Sail Driven by Reflectivity Control” as the first author. *ISSS: International Symposium on Solar Sailing